So last week I went out of state and attended a YSA ward out there and the program had a small section for their stake standard (aka things we should do that benefit us and strengthen our relationship with Heavenly Father ) and I thought it was really interesting and it really got me thinking about the effort I’m putting into my relationship with my Heavenly Father and am I doing the things he has asked me to do and it made me realize that I have a lot to work on and it made me reevaluate what I do on a day to day basis in a really helpful way ; but anyways I wanted to share that with you and also add a couple of things that were mentioned in my ward this week and maybe that’ll spark some thought and discussion .
1. Study the scriptures daily
2. Pray daily
Pray all the time especially in gratitude when things are going great and for strength in times of trials
3. Exercise 3-4 times a week
4. Participate in family home evening each week
So this one is one that’s personally hard for me since I work nights so I can’t attend FHE with my ward and I also live alone so that’s a troubling one .
5. Attend the temple at least once a month .
Considering I live in a state with 17 temples I really need to be better at this
6. Love all people
- You will increase in your spirituality
- You will draw close to your Heavenly Father
- You will increase in your ability to deal with trials
- Your family will be strengthen
- We will be blessed if we follow the Lord’s counsel
- If we pray and read the scriptures every day we will never leave the church – Elder Ballard